This message will be hard for many to accept: we as a nation have become overly confident about our affluence, our eminence in the world, and thereby have congratulated ourselves for far too long for our independent spirit and ‘rugged’ individualism… as if we deserved to be considered special, above all other nations now or throughout history. This is a lie of darkness! We are self-deceived if we are not willing to recognize that America has been blessed for the past 500 years solely because of GOD’s amazing grace on our nation. This has been clearly evident in our history if we learn the truth about our Christian foundations. Unfortunately since the 1950’s until this present day, revisionist history writers have decimated the legacy of the godly men and women who sacrificed so much- including freely giving their lives- to establish a nation that would love, serve, honor, and obey the Living GOD (YHVH) of the Holy Bible.
Although this post deals with excerpts from John McTernan’s book “As America Has Done to Israel”, I must at this point recommend another title that Biblical Christians MUST study prayerfully: “The Light and The Glory” by Peter Marshall & David Manuel, available on Amazon via the title link. The past comes to life in vivid detail- from Christopher Columbus (his Divine call, his profound errors and great sin, and his broken repentance); to the Pilgrims and Squanto- a Christian indian whom GOD used to save the starving Pilgrims from certain death; to the Puritans (John Winthrop, Cotton Mather,etc.); to English evangelist George Whitefield- who single-handedly traveled throughout the virgin colonies and lead massive numbers to saving faith in our LORD Jesus Christ; to the amazing man of that critical hour in the birth of our Republic- George Washington. His diaries of prayers and repentance prove that he was not a Deist, but rather a born-again Christian whom GOD selected specifically to fulfill the LORD’s desire in establishing America as a ‘City on a Hill’ shining the light of the Gospel throughout our growing nation… and from here to the world in pervasive darkness.
The entire planet is in grave turmoil! There is civil unrest throughout the Middle East with a regional war imminent. Civil wars in Egypt, Syria, Iraq, and the Sudan are daily news- but the sectarian religious perspective is downplayed. Sunni vs. Shia vs. Alawite is what is set to explode with savage intensity. And should the Islamic nations surrounding Israel actually make the profound mistake of attacking Israel again, GOD will unleash Divine Retribution for the ongoing assaults on His Chosen people and the Holy Land, as well as the brutal treatment of Christians throughout the Muslim nations and in fact, the entire world… even in America! We are in the Last Days- which precede the Tribulation Period, followed by the return of our LORD Jesus Christ in His Glorious Appearing. Yet what even Biblical Christians do not realize is that there are a substantial number of unfulfilled prophecies that will rapidly accelerate in manifestation in this decade… by 2020!
In his singularly outstanding book “As America Has Done to Israel”, author John McTernan does a thorough job of revealing truth concerning Israel’s past, present, and future. In the twelve chapters with supplemental material and Endnotes he shows how the Everlasting Covenant with Abraham has never been rescinded, and therefore the promise set down in Genesis 12: 2 &3 is forever operative:
“I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great; And you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
This post will concentrate on one chapter and selected statements only; Chapter Nine: “America on a Collision Course with GOD” with brief excerpts that show how we are in jeopardy due to policies that our past four American presidents have promoted- that compromise the sovereignty and security of Israel according to GOD’s Covenant. Please study and pray fervently for America and Israel… we are truly in grave danger! Citation begins:
Pg. 145- “GOD greatly used America in His plan for the Jewish people and the nation of Israel. As discussed earlier, the United States was a source of protection and blessing to Jews from the very beginning. Millions of Jews escaped the tyrants of Europe and found safety in America. GOD used the church in the United States during the late 1880s as the spiritual catalyst for Jews to return to Israel. America cooperated with GOD’s agenda for Israel, and assistance continued until 1991. That year was the turning point when the United States began to directly interfere with GOD’s prophetic plan.
The first phase in GOD’s plan was restoring Israel to the covenant area of land. The second phase involved judging the nations for unbelief and rejecting GOD’s covenant. The third phase will usher in the second coming of the LORD Jesus. Connected with the third phase is the nation of Israel turning to the LORD Jesus for salvation. Jerusalem is the central location of His second coming, when, as the Bible shows, He will stand on the Mount of Olives…
Zechariah 14:2-4… I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle…. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when He fought in the day of battle. And His feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east.
The restoration of the nation under the first phase includes Jerusalem, Gaza, Judea, Samaria, the Mountains of Israel, the Golan Heights, and other areas. The prophets were very clear in their writings that when the nation of Israel is reborn it contains specific land areas…”
sg- Mr. McTernan then begins to reveal what has happened systematically since 1991 to the present, as each of the last four presidents have made and continue to make profound mistakes in seeking to resolve the so-called Palestinian problem. Since the author- in the previous eight chapters, thoroughly developed the evidence of GOD’s sovereign protection and His timely dealing with the children of Israel in history, his carefully detailed chronology of the past over two decades is starkly eye-opening in its implications! This is not conjecture for there is a direct correlation between American policies toward Israel that have lead to catastrophes assaulting our nation in numerous ways. This book deals strictly with judgments related to our treatment of Israel; John McTernan has also documented in two other books that the abortion crisis in America, and our nation’s promotion of homosexuality- and now same-sex marriage have also brought divine judgments upon our own heads! Ignorance of GOD’s laws is no longer any excuse. We are paying dearly for our willful rejection of His Sovereignty and commands.
Summary- GOD’s “Perfect Storm Warnings”
“The destruction of Houston and east Texas by Tropical Storm Allison was the third time since the Madrid Peace Process began in 1991 that a sitting president’s state was the location of a powerful and damaging storm. President George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush were all personally touched by a disaster at the exact time they were forcing Israel to divide the covenant land. GOD gave each president what appears to be a “Perfect Storm Warning.” [emphasis mine-sg]
All three of these storms were ferocious and record-breaking. Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton both declared disaster areas in their own states at the very time they were dealing with Israel. GOD made the connection between Israel and disasters for them. All three presidents made disaster declarations at the very time they were involved in touching “the apple of GOD’s eye.” GOD personally warned each president a clear pattern of warnings developed.
The Results of Dealing with Yasser Arafat
- September 1, 1993: President Clinton announces he will meet Arafat and Rabin on September 13 in Washington, D.C., to begin the Oslo Peace Accords. After nearly a week of meandering in the Atlantic Ocean, Hurricane Emily hit North Carolina on this day.
- March w, 1997: Arafat means with President Clinton in Washington, D.C. The same day, awesome tornado storms unleash tremendous damage in Arkansas and flooding in Kentucky and Ohio. Arkansas and Kentucky are declared disaster areas.
- January 21, 1998: President Clinton is waiting to meet with Arafat at the White House. At this exact time the president’s sex scandal breaks.
- September 27, 1998: Arafat is meeting with the president in Washington. Hurricane Georges hits Alabama and stalls. The hurricane stalls until Arafat leaves, and then it dissipates. Parts of Alabama are declared disaster areas.
- October 17, 1998: Arafat comes to the Wye Plantation meeting. Incredible rains fall on Texas, causing record flooding. FEMA declared parts of Texas disaster areas.
- November 23, 1998: Arafat comes to America. He meets with President Clinton, who is raising funds for the Palestinian state. On this day the Stock Market fell 216 points.
- December 12, 1998: The U.S. House of Representatives votes to impeach President Clinton. At the very time of the impeachment, the president is meeting with Arafat in Gaza over the peace process.
- March 23, 1999: Arafat meets with Clinton in Washington D.C. Stock market falls 219 points.
- September 3, 1999: Secretary of State Albright meets with Arafat in Israel. Hurricane Dennis comes ashore after weeks of changing course in the Atlantic Ocean.
- September 22, 1999: Arafat meets with Clinton in Washington, D.C. The Stock Market falls more than 200 points each day both before and after the meeting, for a total loss of 524 points in the week- a historic record.
- June 16, 2000: Arafat meets with President Clinton. The Stock Market falls 265 points.
- July 12-26, 2000: Arafat attends the Camp David meetings. Powerful droughts spread across the country. Forest fires explode into uncontrolled fires. By the end of August, fire has burned seven million acres.
- November 9, 2000: Arafat meets with President Clinton at the White House to try to salvage the peace process. This was just two days after the presidential election. The nation was just entering into the worst election crisis in more than one hundred years [between George W. Bush and Al Gore].
- November 11, 2001: Arafat speaks at the UN General Assembly and condemns Israel. He later meets with Secretary of State Colin Powell. Within twenty-four hours of meeting with Powell, an airplane crashes in New York City, killing 265 people. The crash was fifteen miles from where Arafat spoke.
- May 1, 2002: Under pressure from the U.S., Israel releases siege of Arafat’s headquarters. There is a massive tornado storm in the eastern U.S., with an F-5 tornado coming very close to the White House.
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
FEMA is the federal agency that coordinates disaster relief and release federal funds to help disaster victims. This agency keeps a list of its top ten natural disasters ranked by the amount of relief costs. This list is just the funds allotted by FEMA and is not the total cost of damages.
Of the ten disasters, the top nine relate directly to the United States pressuring Israel to divide the covenant land. The funds paid by FEMA for these nine disasters total $25.91 billion. The tenth disaster, Hurricane Hugo in 1989, was connected directly to abortion, and is not listed. The other FEMA disasters follow, along with the cost of FEMA funding (in billions):
- Hurricane Katrina (2005) Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi- $7.20
- Northridge Earthquake (1994) California- $6.96
- Hurricane Georges (1998) Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi- $2.25
- Hurricane Ivan (2004) Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, others- $1.95
- Hurricane Andrew (1992) Florida, Louisiana- $1.81
- Hurricane Charlie (2004) Florida, South Carolina- $1.56
- Hurricane Frances (2004) Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina- $1.43
- Hurricane Jeanne (2004) Delaware, Florida, Virginia- $1.41
- Tropical Storm Allison (2001) Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas- $1.34
(The above list is for the period ending June 2006)
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) monitors billion-dollar disasters. NOAA identified forty-seven such disasters starting in 1992. Several of these disasters were droughts over a long period of time and thus could not be associated directly with dividing the land of Israel. Several others connect to abortion and homosexual events and thus are not reported in this book. Nevertheless, America pressuring Israel over the covenant land is directly linked to twenty of these disasters, and most are identified in this chapter [in greater detail prior to this summary... sg] These twenty totaled $334.8 billion in damages! The billion-dollar disasters follow:
- Hurricane Rita, September 2005- $5.0
- Hurricane Katrina, September 2005- $200.0
- Hurricane Jeanne, September 2004- $6.5
- Hurricane Ivan, September 2004- $12.0
- Hurricane Frances, September 2004- $9.0
- Hurricane Charlie, August 2004- $14.0
- Hurricane Isabel, September 2003- $5.0
- Tornado storms, May 2003- $3.4
- Western fires, July 2002- $2.0
- National drought, March 2002- $10.0
- Tropical storm Allison, June 2001- $5.0
- Severe drought West, July 2000- $4.2
- Western fires, July 2000- $2.1
- Hurricane Floyd, September 1999- $6.5
- Oklahoma tornadoes, May 1999- $1.7
- Texas Flooding, October 1998- $1.1
- Hurricane Georges, September 1998- $6.5
- North Plains flooding, April 1997- $4.1
- Arkansas tornadoes, March 1997- $1.1
- Hurricane Andrew, August 1992- $35.6
(The above list is for the period ending June 2006.)
The American Dichotomy
The Madrid Peace Plan and the subsequent two-state policy of Israel and Palestine has placed the United States in a dichotomy over Israel. The dichotomy involves the United States pressuring Israel to divide the land on one hand, while supporting and helping Israel in every [other] way on the other hand.
The official United States policy as first formulated by George H.W. Bush is that Israel must surrender covenant land for peace. Under George W. Bush, this has officially become a two-state policy for Israel and Palestine. This policy is diametrically opposed to GOD’s prophetic plan and brings America under judgment. Yet America still remains close and friendly to Israel; it is Israel’s greatest friend in the world. This brings a blessing to America…
Even the United States government is divided over Jerusalem. Congress passed The Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995, a law recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. This act also called for the relocation of the American Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem by 1999. Yet Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush have thwarted this law and failed to relocate the American embassy. Very few nations recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, but America is one of them. This further shows the special relationship between the United States and Israel.
For the most part, the American people respect and want good relations with Israel. President George Washington’s benevolent attitude toward the Jewish people [discussed in detail earlier in the book] is still the position of most Americans. In America, the Jews are not subject to Antisemitism as they traditionally were in Europe but live in peace. America still is a great blessing to the Jewish people and the nation of Israel.
This dichotomy also creates an enigma. As the United States government continues to interfere with GOD’s prophetic plan, how long can the benevolence toward Israel and the Jewish people hold back total judgment? The Economic Crash of 2008 is an example of how close total judgment might be. [end of citation from this outstanding book.]
It is time to fast and pray for America and for Israel… this is YHVH’s Covenant Land and People, and He will ensure that no one tampers with His possession, the apple of His Eye any longer! See my complete post for additional truth on the title link just above.
Kingdom Blessings, in the LORD Jesus Christ’s Name, AMEN!
For deeper insight into how GOD the Father sees His children; to better understand the elementary principles of Christ (Hebrews 6:1-3); the ‘mysteries’ of Christ’s Kingdom; and our individual and corporate calling, commission, and empowerment- please review my first published book and the Table of Contents on the Amazon website linked here via Book Title: “Thy Kingdom Come- Here and Now!”
“The Arms of My Saviour”- Lincoln Brewster