In my last post I recommended two outstanding reference resources: Prepared to Answer and The Bible Wheel. These two books will definitely give any professing Christian solid Biblical foundation for our precious faith. It is so very critical in these last days to be able to truly give an answer to anyone who asks us concerning the hope that is in us.
1 Peter 3:15… sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.
I want to to add a third recommendation by one of my favorite Christian authors- Grant Jeffrey. One of his many excellent books is entitled The Signature of God which can be purchased either on Amazon.com, or directly from his Ministry at grantjeffrey.com.
As I stated in my previous several posts there is a grave concern for the need of all who consider themselves biblical Christians to be able to understand the basic foundation of our faith, as well as how to present the Gospel of the Kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ in an attractive and yet not argumentative way.
We are no doubt in the last days, and yet it is foolishness for anyone to presumptuously predict the Lord’s return. It may be years, it may be decades- but as the economic and geopolitical storm clouds gather world wide it is clear that the only real answers and solutions need to be based on a biblical perspective.
Allegedly 85% of Americans consider themselves Christian, and yet less than 30% have a Christian world-view. That is a serious disconnect in reality! The first century church turned the world upside down in one generation… and the 2000 years of church history clearly show that only those individuals, churches, and nations that honor the living God, who has revealed himself in the Holy Scriptures- survived, thrived, and had a lasting impact in their society. With the goal of presenting sound evidence to our biblical Christianity, this and several future posts will present excerpts from The Signature of God. I will be listing the page numbers of each individual citation, intending to highlight only salient points in the 275 page book. Please do purchase the entire volume for your in-depth study via the ministry link above.
Introduction-page 9… How would God authenticate His message so that naturally skeptical men and women could be assured that the Scriptures were truly from God and not simply the speculations of religious philosophers? How would the Lord identify His Presence, His divine nature and His commands to mankind and provide proof that this communication was truly from God?
- The written revelation of God’s nature and commands was progressively revealed step-by-step to a series of carefully chosen men over a period of 16 centuries. The recipients were closely connected by race and faith to facilitate their gathering, assembling, preserving, and distributing God’s written revelation throughout this time. The Lord chose the Jewish people, a small defined race that has maintained its identity over the centuries, as the faithful guardian of His written revelations.
- Although His divine communications were transmitted by inspiration to individual Jews, it was recorded in a permanent written form capable of being examined and read by the writers’ contemporaries, as well as generations to follow.
- These defined communication were sometimes accompanied by supernatural miracles to prove its origin from God.
- This revelation contains internal evidence that proves that God is the ultimate author. The Bible includes information that could not have been written by men without divine inspiration.
- The Bible contains thousands of detailed prophecies concerning events that were precisely fulfilled many years after the predictions were made. Their fulfillment proves that God inspired the Bible. No one but God can prophesy accurately.
- God inspired biblical writers to record His profound wisdom and truth that transcend all of man’s wisdom.
- God’s Holy Spirit supernaturally transforms the lives of millions who commit themselves to the Bible’s revelation.
- The primary purpose of the Bible is to reveal God’s plan of salvation. However, whenever the Scriptures deal with history, archaeology, nature, or science, it reveals advanced knowledge that is true and verifiable. Such biblical statements are far in advance of the knowledge of the time of the original human writer.
- The Bible’s wisdom, knowledge, and ethics clearly proclaim its supernatural origin to anyone who is truly seeking answers to life’s profound questions. The wisest people of all cultures and times are committed to its truths.
- The Scriptures contain advanced medical and sanitation knowledge that was thousands of years ahead of its time. This medical knowledge from the Bible has saved countless millions of lives of those who follow its divine precepts over the centuries since the Bible was written. In addition, its life-saving commands still prove their worth in this century.
- A careful examination of the names and numbers in the Bible’s text reveals special mathematical designs and codes that are so complex that no human or super-computer could have produced these features. Many of these designs are not obvious and occur throughout a series of biblical books written by different biblical authors over several centuries. There is no human explanation for this phenomenon except for divine inspiration.
- Recently, Jewish computer scientists discovered a series of incredible messages encoded at equally spaced intervals hidden beneath the Hebrew text of the first five books of the Bible, the Torah. God inspired the writers to unknowingly use specific words and letters to produce the most astonishing and incredibly complicated mathematical and letter codes ever produced. These features were carefully hidden from the eyes of everyone until this century and the development of mathematical and super-computer analysis. The discovery of these complex patterns of wheels within wheels provides compelling evidence that constitutes an unanswerable argument for the divine inspiration of the Bible. The scientists declared that these patterns are so complex that they could not have been produced by humans. Furthermore, while these incredible patterns exist in the Hebrew text of the Torah, no other apocryphal texts display this pattern, nor can they find it in any other Hebrew religious or secular texts. This incredible phenomenon provides overwhelming evidence that there is one inspired author of the Scriptures.
- In normal human literature, authors naturally try to present themselves in the best light possible. However, the Bible presents these men “warts and all” revealing them often as weak, afraid, and lacking in wisdom. It runs contrary to human experience to find authors revealing themselves with such candor. Additionally, biblical revelation contains many intricate details and unintended coincidences in its stories that, while easily overlooked, prove the overall truthfulness of the historical accounts.
- Although written by 44 men over 16 centuries, the complete text of the Bible reveals a coherent unity and progressive revelation from Genesis to Revelation that develops God’s plan of redemption for mankind. The books of the Old Testament continually point to the coming of a Messiah-King to redeem His people. The New Testament displays the fulfillment of these divine prophecies in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus the Messiah. (Please see my post: The Messiah According to the Scriptures) The unity of theology and the focus on the message of redemption throughout the Bible argues strongly that a single author created this text. The combined evidence presented in this book [The Signature of God] reveals that the single author who inspired the writers of the Bible was God.
Introduction, page 13… The Bible itself declares in numerous passages that it is the inspired Word of God. The prophet Jeremiah had declared, “Then the Lord put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me: ‘Behold, I have put My words in your mouth'” Jeremiah 1:9. God confirmed that He directly inspired His servants, the prophets, to record His words and instructions “word for word.”
In the New Testament the apostle Peter declared that “Knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit” 2 Peter 1:20, 21. One of the strongest statements found in the Bible records the inspired words of Jesus Himself who declared, “The Scripture cannot be broken” John 10:35.
Introduction, page 16… It is fascinating to note that the Bible records only one statement made by God to the atheist or agnostic who declares, “There is no God.” This sole declaration and verdict of God. In response to those who deny His existence is, “The fool has said in his heart, There is no God.” Psalm 14:1… Any person who honestly believes that all of the marvelous complexity of this universe simply happen by chance is a fool. If he is not a fool, yet still claims to believe that this incredibly complex universe is a result of random chance, that I must conclude that he is not being honest. In neither case it is clearly a waste of time to argue the obvious.
The wonders of creation reveal God’s awesome creative power to anyone whose eyes are opened to see the truth. God’s marvelous providence reveals His wisdom; God’s Law revealed in the Old Testament shows us His great justice; the Gospels reveal His overwhelming love for mankind through the person of Jesus Christ…
The most important event in the history of man is the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The most important fact in the life of mankind is the reality of God and His divine revelation to us, through His Holy Word. The most important decision in the life of any human is the choice they must make in regard to their personal faith in Jesus Christ. Another great man, Abraham Lincoln, wrote: “I believe that the Bible is the best gift God has ever given to man. All the good from the Savior of the world is communicated to us through the book.”
My next post will continue with excerpts from The Signature of God. I sincerely pray that you will strongly consider adding this remarkable reference book to your library. In these last days every biblical Christian needs to develop an arsenal in order to fight the good fight of faith.
For deeper insight into how GOD the Father sees His children; to better understand the elementary principles of Christ (Hebrews 6:1-3); the ‘mysteries’ of Christ’s Kingdom; and our individual and corporate calling, commission, and empowerment- please review my first published book and the Table of Contents on the Amazon website linked here via Book Title: “Thy Kingdom Come- Here and Now!”
Hillsong Chapel- You Hold Me Now